Sharing Is Caring


Hey Buddy! Little Funky or Shopaholic?






Wednesday 13 June 2012

Love Ka Tadka- Chapter One (Madhubala Fan Fiction)

The story will begin from Twenty years of leap. Since it's Madhubala's story. So I have written her POV.

I hope you will enjoy the first chapter.

PS: I'm very bad in writing fan-fiction. So if you find any mistakes, just ignore it. Cry

This is my style of Madhubala: Love ka Tadka

Chapter One

Today is my twenty first birthday. But I'm not happy today. I miss my papa. I always wonder why he left me alone. I know maa and Trishna Di are with me.

"Papa'? Where are you?" I screamed looking everywhere in my one room kitchen small house.

"I miss you, Papa'" Tears rolled on my cheeks and I felled on my knees on the cracked tiles.

There is no one in the house except myself, alone. When I screamed, I could hear echo of my own crying voice.

My maa and my sister both are junior artist in Bollywood industry and right now, they are on the film city set, just ten minutes away from my house.

I am the only person who is not working, as I have recently passed my graduation in B.A.

Every year maa tells me the same story to me that dad left us. But, I never believed her. My gut feelings tell me maa was lying.

But why?

Why she lie to me?

Why she can't tell me the truth about my dad, about his existence?

I don't even know how he looks like. Infact, Trishna Di also don't remember him.


Suddenly I heard my name twice, "Madhu-Madhu" my eyes were blurred, I could not see the face. I could sense someone standing in front of me as that voice was not coming from far away. I wiped my tears and looked up to see the face. She is my maa in her dull ordinary flowery saree.

"Madhu you are crying?" maa's face threw worriedness towards me. Her eyes became emotional and a drop of tear I could see in her eyes that were ready to jump off on her cheek. She sat down on the cracked tile floor and caressed my upper arm. The noise of a plastic bag in her hand disturbed my ear.

"I know why you are crying." She said in a soft tone. As if she knew what I was feeling in my heart.
"My child, please don't cry. I'm there for you then why'?" she paused. I could understand what she was feeling at that moment and why she stopped talking.

Her eyes said thousands of unsaid words' I realised my mistake and wiped my tears with my both hands, that were irrationally rolling everywhere on my cheek and making my face look dull.

I asked her what she has brought in that white plastic bag. She smiled showing her pale white teeth and said, "New dress for you'" she continued excitedly, "you always wanted to wear this dress no?" I peeped inside the plastic bag and it was a pista color heavy embroidered salwar kurta with a matching dupatta.

Suddenly, I felt my lip automatically stretched to smile and I was very much happy looking at that dress.

"Thank you, maa." I hugged her tightly in my arms and felt too many emotions reflect on my face from happiness to shyness to blushing to calmness to affection to fearless.

"Where is Trishna Di?" I asked glancing everywhere at her back. I could not see her anywhere.

"She will come. She has gone to bring cake for you." she smiled and blessed me by placing her hand on my head.

"Maa, what about your new saree and new dress for Di?" she laughed hearing my words.
She cupped my chin with her free hand and replied smiling, "for me and for your Di, we already did shopping."

She told me to wear the new dress and excitedly I went in bathroom. I changed my dress and came outside.

I could see maa's tears quickly falling on her cheeks and emotionally she just stared at me from my legs to my head, without saying a single word from her mouth.

"How I'm looking?" I asked maa, breaking silence between us.

She came closer to me and hugged me tightly. She became very emotional again. Her touch gave me an immerse feeling of devotedness.

"What happened maa?" I asked her, when I realised my neck felt wetness and that was a drop of tear flew down from her cheek.

I looked at her, still tears were swimming in her eyes and I could feel easily that my birthday always makes her emotional.

I don't know why, but every year on my birthday she cries a lot, as if she has gone through lot of pain in her life and I'm unaware of it, because she knows very well how to hide her unknown feelings from me.

But I'm stubborn and one day I'll find out the truth about her every single pain that made her emotionally break down.

"Nothing child' You look beautiful." She said by cupping my cheek and kissing on it.

I saw Trishna coming from the one and only main door with a smile on her face and birthday cake in a plastic bag.

She teased me by showing plastic bag towards me and then taking away from my way.
I tried to grab plastic bag from her hand, but she was running towards maa and teasing showing thumb to me and said, "If you want cake, take it from me'" she showed her tongue and teased me again.

I ran behind her and pulled her ponytail. "Come on' give me now cake?" I showed my hand towards her and shake my fingers, rolling it to grab plastic bag. She twitched her lip and gave me the plastic bag. It was less weighted bag and I could easily hold the bag, rolling under my fingers.

I excitedly opened the plastic bag and saw a closed rectangle cover box. I just pulled that box out and opened the cover. It was round shape chocolate spongy cake with my name in the centre and rolled wafer standing straight at the side of the cake. "Happy Birthday" a tiny signboard placed above my name.

Maa kept the cake on the big wooden stool that has four legs.

Since we live in the chawl, our neighbours and everyone are very friendly and they came in my house for celebrating my birthday. My sister was already wearing a beautiful grass color salwar kameez and my maa standing beside me.

I told her to change her dull saree and wear the new one. She listened to me and went in the bathroom to change her saree.

After few minutes, when she came back, she had worn red color embroidered silk saree and it looks beautiful plus sober. Her dark hair tied in a bun-style. She is still as young as earlier, when I was small. Nothing really changed in her looks, body posture or even her hair. Everything in her was simply perfect and beautiful.

Looking at her, no one can say that we are poor. Today we really looked like a royal members.

Maa told me to blow the twenty-one number candle and as I blew the candles, I cut the cake and first piece I gave it to my maa. She took small piece from the cake and put that in my mouth. Everyone screamed happy birthday song for me and clapped their hands.

I gave second piece of the cake to Trishna Di and she too put a piece of cake in my mouth.

Maa cut the pieces of cake and shared them with all our chawl friends and neighbours. I could see excitement on everyone's face, as if never ate chocolate cake before. They were enjoying every single bite that was going inside their mouth.

We took blessing from maa again by bending down on her legs and touching her feet. She placed her hands on Trishna Di and me. "God bless you, my children." Maa replied in a soft tone and Trishna Di, me, both of us hugged maa tightly. But we didn't cried. I could feel smile on my face as my closed-lips stretched.  When I saw Trishna Di at maa's back, her eyes were close and she smiled too, without dropping tears.

The celebration was not that grand like usually rich people do it, but for me it was grand as all my loved ones came in my birthday to shower their blessings on me.

But there was someone who was missing on my birthday. That was my papa. I wish atleast once I could see him. I want to ask him why he left us all alone in such a big Mumbai city.


Did you like it? Comment please? Wink

No comments:

Post a Comment