Sharing Is Caring


Hey Buddy! Little Funky or Shopaholic?






Wednesday 13 June 2012

Light Returns To Darkness- Chapter Five


Copyright © 2012-2013 Renu. All rights reserved.

New Update

When I was writing this chapter, one quote came in my mind that I have posted here. I'm sure just like me, you love Rabindranath Tagore too...

Quote:
"Death is not extinguishing the light; it is only putting out the lamp because the dawn has come."
-Rabindranath Tagore


"Her parents were having a fight. They were screaming and girl's mother was crying'" Aditiya said painfully. A tear rolled down his face. His face showing his discomfort.

"Was she beaten by her husband?" I asked. Aditiya nodded.

 Nihaal was just watching us when we both were talking.

Nihaal desperately looked at his big wristwatch and responded with a strong voice, "We are already late, Naina'" He raised his eyes while glancing at me and then he looked at Aditiya and continued, "we should leave now."

Aditiya behaved as if he realised now that they were late, he lightly slaps his forehead and said, "Yes, we are late."

"You didn't finish the story?" I said looking towards Aditiya.
"Ask Nihaal at night' he will tell you'" Aditiya responded showing his disinterest.

"No, I want to know now!" I screamed.
Nihaal groaned and replied, "Fine you want to hear what happened! I will tell you what happened!" He raised his thick straight eyebrows and continued, " the victim's mother was beaten by her dad. She came between to save her mother' the victim's father pushed her towards the table and she fell."

"Hmm'" I responded, showing keen interest in his story. I crossed my arms against my chest and he continued with his story, "She got asthma attack, but her pump was empty. She could not breathe and died. Her mother blamed her father for the death and filed FIR against him. Now he is in jail."

"Oh so it's a domestic violence case?" I asked Nihaal. He nodded.
"Well, I am against domestic violence. I hope he gets severe punishment." My fingers clenched fists under my arms, and narrowed my eyes showing anger towards the violence that man did with his wife and then because of which an innocent girl died.

"He will be punished don't worry." Nihaal caressed my hair that was resting on my chest and convinced me that he will not leave that man at any cost'

Domestic violence happens a lot in India and I think it is wrong. I have seen so many cases where wife's are beaten by husband and are abused, but there are still so many women who do not take action against men and deep inside they die every moment when they are tortured by their husbands.

That woman too, took her step late, when her daughter died. If she would have taken the step to stop it earlier, her daughter would have been alive and it's really sad that still there are many woman's who don't learn from their mistakes.

Nihaal was about to leave the house but I hold his forearm and stopped him.
"Wait, you can't go like this!" He furrowed his brows and responded grimacing, "We are already late." I shook my head and continued, "You will first have your breakfast and then I will let you go to work." He narrowed his eyes at me and replied, "Look Naina we are late and I don't have time to have breakfast'"

"Stop!" I screamed. Grabbing Nihaal's arm I forced him to sit on the couch.

"Are you going to have tea?" I asked Aditiya. He shook his head and sat on the couch crossing his legs.

"We should leave now." Aditiya said raising his thick eyebrow.
I yelled at both of them and told them to have breakfast first and then go to work. However, as usual Nihaal do not care about this. I have to force him to eat in the morning. He is still like a kid, spoon-feeding him breakfast, before he leave the house.

Our kitchen is a few steps away from the hallway. You just have to walk straight from the main door and then you will find an open door that is the entrance area towards the library, just take a right from there.
I walked inside the kitchen and it is smaller compare to our hallway. We have a wooden shelf attached to the wall, a few inches above the counter. I opened the front cabinet and grabbed a big steel box. There were few packets of wafers and potato chips, I just put some oil-free wafers and potato chips in two different steel plates and poured tea in two round glassy cups.

I walked towards hallway with a small silver tray, in which I had kept two glasses of teacups and two steel plates. I served them. They were of course in hurry, not enjoying whatever they were chewing.
I yelled at Nihaal to eat slowly, but he did not listen to me. "Mmm mmm" he repeated while chewing.
Nihaal and Aditiya drank their tea and quickly stood from the wooden couch.

I gave him steel tiffin box that has three round compartments to put his lunch in. He put that in his black leather bag that he takes with him to police station.

"Tea was very good." Aditiya complimented while moving towards the front door. I bowed my head with one hand above my chest and thanked him by blinking my eyes.

Nihaal hinted Aditiya with his eagle-like eyes to go and stand down. As he saw that Aditiya has gone, after waving towards me, he came closer to me by opening his arms for me and closed his arms around my back on my open long silky hair. He hugged me tightly in his arms.

"Do you want me to come home early today?" my mouth dropped open when he said that, but I did not react much.
I wrapped my hands across his waist and pressed my toes down on marble floor, to match up to his chest-level, as I am five feet five inch shorter compare to his six feet.. Every single beat of his was running like a tick-tick watch. Heart

"Tell me, you want me to come home early?" he whispered leaning towards my face. His eagle-like eyes were turning me on as he pinched my cheeks. A lot of passion in those words felt a tick-tick watch tickling a countdown in my heart, for a new romantic moment. Day Dreaming

"Do you still think, I should tell you to come home early?" I felt a sign of blushing on my cheek, Blushing as he smiled showing his pale white teeth.

He pressed his big thin pink closed-lips against my forehead, responded in a softer tone, "Ok. I'll come, promise." he smiled and kissed on my cheek, "Love you," Heart saying it slowly as he pulled me away from him and waved to me while walking out of the house.

"Love you too'" Heart I replied smiling, giving quick kiss and waving as he turned away, standing outside the front door.
I realised, I was holding the high arm couch with other hand and posing with crossed legs leaned little back.
There was a stick in his hand, which was shaking while he waved again and pretending to catch my flying kiss with three of his fingers and a big smile on his face, his other hand had a black leather bag and a thumb on the belt towards the rifle pocket.
As he went down through elevator, I closed the door and drank my tea, ate some oil-free wafers and potato chips, which were lying on the kitchen counter.

As I heard the mobile ringtone, quickly running towards my bedroom to pick up the call. I did not see the display name, just pressed the button and picked the call saying, "Hello!" I said.

"Hey! Are you ready?" The voice was girly and well known to me.
Of course I remember her. She is my best friend Aadhira Sheikh, the one and only, my childhood friend. I usually do not trust anyone, so I do not make much friends or hangout with anyone else. My life simply spent with Nihaal, Aadhira and my parents. Sometimes, my cousin's sisters too, but I meet them very rare, so I cannot count them in'

"No. I have to take bath. Nihaal just left'"

"Hurry up! I'm waiting near the mall'" Her voice had a sudden distraction while talking. I could hear chuckling sound. It seems she is surrounded by lots of people.

I have taken a holiday today, because I am in the mood for shopping and going out with Aadhira. She works for the SBI bank and her designation is officer. However, today she took holiday for my stupid mood that has gone crazy to go for shopping. I am HUGE shopaholic, more than Aadhira.

"Yes, I'll be there in thirty minutes." I lied. It is not possible to reach Santa Cruz within thirty minutes. She will be a fool, if she believed my words.

Nihaal does not allow me to drive car, he is very strict about that since I do not have driving license, nor do I know driving, even if I am twenty-four years old.
It sounds funny, but it is true. I am still uneducated about car basics. Nihaal told me many times that I should learn how to drive from him or at least from a driving school. However, our expert Nihaal already knows how to drive, so I never thought to do by myself. Nihaal is very strict about traffic rules and I have low confident.

What will happen if I crash the car? What will happen if someone gets hurt because of me? I would be in jail and I do not want that. It is too risky. That is why I never thought about driving car. Because of which, I travel from bus or train or even cab. We have a car, but that is always in the parking lot. Nihaal always uses police jeep. He drives a car only when we plan to go for outings.

"I'll wait." Aadhira calmly replied and she abruptly hangs up the phone on me.

Did she believe my lie? Wait, I don't think she did. She had hanged the phone, without talking much. She knows me well, I am sure she took this as a lie.

"Oh God!" I murmured.
That means I have to listen to a lecture when I meet her at mall. Her lectures are irritable, just like my mom and dad's lecture.

I walked towards the dressing mirror. I looked at my reflection. My reflection was smiling at me, as I run my fingers towards my straight long hair, which looked messy from the front, as if I woke up from sleep. I was wearing my pink night shorts along with pink half-sleeve shirt that has cute cartoon print. My dark eyes were still in the sleeping mood and the dark circle below my eyes were looking very ugly, just like my dull wheatish face.

I decided to stop watching my reflection in the mirror and took my bathing kit to bathroom. I had less time in my hands, to reach the mall. So I hurriedly took the bath on my dull hair, used my damaged-free shampoo which has a menthol smell and a hygienic glycerine soap for washing my body.
I quickly wiped my hair and body with towel and wore same pj's from the bathroom.

I again moved towards the mirror to look my skin. I squeezed my cheek, it was softening and fresh like rose but dark-circles were still visible under eyes. As I sniffed my wet hair, it still had a menthol smell, very refreshing and smelled better than before.
I quickly removed my pj's and put on an orange Anarkali dress that has flowery design around my chest, with matching mantilla and blue salwar. I had kept Mangalsutra safely inside the dressing mirror. I opened the dressing mirror and picked my small neck-size diamond Mangalsutra. It has black beads and the diamond pendant attached and hanging below the beads. I put that around my neck. It is a symbol of every married woman in our Hindu tradition.

I put rose glossy lipstick on my pink lip, mascara on my thick lashes, and black eyeliner. I did not put anything else on my face. These were the end of my makeup style. I combed my wet hair.

I grabbed my house key from bedside wooden table, black touch-screen mobile from bed and red small handbag from wardrobe, which is made of leather that has two creased pockets in the front and a belt with a round silver button attached in the middle of the bag.

I moved towards hallway and put my legs inside my silver low heel sandal that were lying under the wooden shoes rack attached against the wall. I quickly left the house.

Since we lived on seventh floor, I have to use elevator for going down.  As soon as I reached on the ground floor, I left the building premises of our apartment, I took the cab to reach Santa Cruz mall.
I had told Aadhira that I would reach in thirty minutes, but from Chembur it would take more time. Already more than thirty minutes has passed and her face would be burning in fire.

"God!" I murmured. I just hope I would reach early before she call and yell at me.
The road trolled with traffic, and many vehicles were in queue around my cab. Too pathetic, Mumbai traffic has never been stable, and I have no idea how long more we have to wait in the traffic. The engines of cars were roaring, horn buzzing my ear. Many people were screaming from inside of their vehicles. Red B.E.S.T bus was standing next to my cab and a teenage boy in a bicycle just passed through our way. I could see some people crossing the road, and damn sweat all over my forehead and neck.


hmmm... not so interesting chapter no? huh? Your comment? Cry

PS: Naina's costumes, her mangalsutra, her sandal, handbag all the things that I have visualize in front of my eyes. I have those pics with me. I'm going to post those pics here, so that you can visualize her in same way, as I did.



Copyright © 2012-2013 Renu. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment