Sharing Is Caring


Hey Buddy! Little Funky or Shopaholic?






Wednesday 13 June 2012

Light Returns To Darkness- Chapter Eight (PART-2)


Copyright © 2012-2013 Renu. All rights reserved.

New Update


"The man in the street is always a stranger."
-Mason Cooley



(PART-2)


Aadhira and I sat in her silver Zen car. She sat in the driver's seat with her seat belts, and I followed her.
I could see she was absolutely in a not-so-talking mood. She started driving the car as if she is merely a driver of mine, and I am her master. Well, it seems funny, but she acted like that.
-
-
-
"Aadhira…?" I finally voiced, after a long gap of silence. Air-conditioner in her car was on, due to which I felt cold, and all the windows were close. I tried to look outside, but it was too dark and engine of the vehicles surrounded by our car were roaring. We were not in traffic. Car was still moving, but those car drivers from back and forth, nagging unnecessarily.

In the car, atmosphere turned peaceful. I wrapped my arms against my chest, but my body felt paralysis as if froze in cold. Aadhira was not retorting to me at all. Her eyes glued ahead, watching white Mahindra car and black Honda city that were moving slowly in front.

Aadhira pressed horn button in the spokes, and the noise buzzed in my ear due to which my body shook and I saw myself normal. I told Aadhira to stop horning, but she frowned facing me.

"Please talk to me? Why are you ignoring me?" I begged as guilt of non-pleasure trolls my throat. I noticed she was doing this purposely, but I had no such intention to upset or disregard her sentiments while talking to mom.

"Just as you did-" She paused. That is the only sentence she mouthed, showing her disbelief in me. Her eyes settle in front.

"Ok now. I'm sorry." I forced myself to express those apologizing words.
I felt ashamed for ignoring her. However, that moment, I yearned to talk only with mom, and it was not something immoral I did.

She observed me, but her chocolaty eyes passionately burned in fire. She lastly tightened her lips and spread out her mouth to speak, "why did you talk like that with aunty?" My mouth widely opened, and for a moment, my head failed to grasp her words. My face busy giving shocking expression and eyes almost popped out hearing her words.

"Is she not angry because of ignoring thing?" A voice in my head prompted forwarding powerful alarm that shuddered through body, and my lips seemed sour.


Wait… there is a misunderstanding.

"You were not talking to me because I was rude with mom?" I stared in dismay. She raised her eyes nodding and tilting her head towards my side and then looked again in front.

"What made you think that I was rude to her?" I asked directly. She gazed at me while driving the car.
"You should have asked her before attempting any preparation for Nihaal's birthday." Her voice suppressed in her throat and there was a disappointment climbed in her tone.

"Aadhira, I think you are over-reacting. I am absolutely sure mom had no such problems with birthday preparations." I said assuredly, yet puzzlement rose in my voice.
"You didn't notice her. But I did. She was sad." My mouth loosely opened hearing her remarks.

It is odd that I did not notice this. However, arranging my husband's birthday is not something awry. I had taken approval from mom, before I even began with Nihaal's birthday preparation, but that moment, she did not say anything and was pleased to know that his thirtieth birthday would be grand. Then why so change of behavior now?

Before I could open my mouth to say anything, Aadhira put break and the car stopped abruptly.

I would have felled in front towards the front-view window, but my seat belt protected me.

"What the hell-" I yelled when Aadhira interjected me.
She told me to look outside the window. Her face had a horrifying reaction, and the sweat from her forehead made her more restless. I opened the window and saw one old man standing in a bending position with a stick near the car headlights, shaking hands to stop the car and pleading for help with the tears in his eyes that were dropping non-stop.

Aadhira and I opened the car door and stamped outside. The old man was bleeding and the bruise visible on his forehead, chin and his forearms. His cheeks were bloated.

The blood was non-stop dripping from his forehead and a few drops fell on the stony ground, his white stained shirt was full of blood, as if someone had beaten him miserably.

He came forward towards me, asking to rescue him.

He said shivering, "please help?" His eyes were red and swollen. He continued shivering, "goons are following me. Please help-" He stuttered. His face and stained collar were sweating. My gazes crossed his face to look at his back, but the entire road was empty.

Since, I had to reach home on time, so Aadhira had taken the short cut from the forest-side road where both sides of the roadway encircled with giant trees and gloominess. Maybe that is why, entire lane lived void, but I could not see goons either. Most likely, they might be hiding after scanning us.

I went closer to him, along with Aadhira. Even though his hand was bleeding and the smell of blood gave an irrational feeling of vomiting that attacked my throat but I swallowed powerlessly. He looked very weak as lot of blood drained from his body. He is thinner in size.

Aadhira and I courageously placed his hands on our shoulders and gave him the support to walk until backseat.

We slide him inside. He pulled my forearm and squeezed in fear, with his blooded hands. He told me not to leave him alone. His face gave me the expression of frightens. For a moment, even I could feel horror in me as the sweat rolled on my face, and my stomach fluttered in uneasiness.

Aadhira moved towards the driver seat and drive's car in the direction of hospital. I told her to drive fast, as this old man was closely half-fainted. I could see his dark eyes, were being shut little by little, yet awake. He has lower cheekbones that were puffed up.
Aadhira hurriedly said that we would reach the hospital in five minutes. Hearing this, old man right away opened his eyes widely, as if he got shocked.

He expressed frightfully, "no-no"
As he looked at me, he stammered, "plea-please no hospital."
I raised my eyes in shock, hearing his pleading.

I voiced worriedly, "You are injured."
He shouted but in a lower tone, as his throat did not permit him to mouth louder, but I could feel the cramp in his voice. It was unusually more than hearable.
The old man felt terrified of goons and the way he reciprocated, I could assume he was not favorable to obey.

I informed him about my husband, who is a Senior Police inspector, and he would help him doubtlessly. However, he did not consider my words strongly. He sticks to his point and pleaded for not taking him to the hospital.

The old man has crossed his sixty-five and the wrinkles everywhere on his pale chocolaty face were visible. His head was bald on top, whereas his backside has little hair, which is grey. He even had a stick in his hand, which I'd kept aside, near the window seat.

The old man rested on his head against the car seat headrest. He had taken my hand in his hand, and the grip was tighter. Even though, his eyes were close, but his curved ear was open and tiny puffed up. I could see fresh blood dripping on his shoulder, from his earlobe.

I tried to wipe that blood with my free hand, but that blood stuck on my four fingers, except the thumb and his covered shoulder became more stainful.

Aadhira exclaimed, "Hospital is arrived." She stopped the car, and the break clash cracked in my ear.

I woke that old man, but he was not getting up. I patted on his bloated cheeks, but he did not react.
I felt sweat heaving on my forehead and wrestled to fall down on my cheeks. More than scared, I felt worriedness on my face. I placed my head on his left chest to hear his heartbeat.
Luckily, his heart was working in good condition, and the beats were normal.

Suddenly, my head shook as his body shook hopelessly.

"What happened?" He asked cryfully. The sweat visible under his wrinkled eyes started rolling like tears.
"Hospital has come." I breathed leaning on his face.
He yelled shakily and replied in a sinister way, "I told you, I didn't want to go to the hospital."
"But why…?" I asked confusingly.
He replied shakily, "goo-goons" He stammered and continued, "Pro-per-ty" at last term he fainted.

I tried to wake him, but he didn't. He gave two hints, goons and property. One fact is much clear. Goons were behind his property.

If this is real, then a massive misfortune is awaiting for this old man.
Aadhira was waiting outside the car, so that I may convince this old man and take him to the hospital for his treatment.

I had no choice, except taking him to the hospital.

He was already fainted and there was no other alternate for Aadhira and me.

We dragged this old man outside and took him to the General hospital. This hospital is fifteen minutes away from the shopping mall in Santacruz west.

The old man looked like, as if he had bathed in blood. His half-sleeve white shirt and his brown pant had the stains of blood everywhere.

I was half-bathed in blood. My forehead, one-cheek, hands and half-dress stained in blood.
Aadhira's hand and cheek had the stain of blood. Her net sleeves had little blood near her one arm.

We took that old man inside near the reception counter. I told the receptionist it is an emergency case, so we need doctor.
However, that woman appeared like a nurse. She was wearing pink nurse uniform with a small nurse cap on her bun. She was standing in the reception counter. She commanded to wait, as there are other patients too, who needs urgent treatment.

I yelled and threatened that woman, if she doesn't inform the doctor, then I'll ruin the reputation of the hospital in tomorrow's news telecast, as I am the crime reporter of Roz-Tak news channel.

She raised her eyes in shock and hurriedly sprinted to call the doctor. The lobby area of hospital was peaceful, although many people were sauntering from one place to another, still barely, I could hear the noise from anyone. Except, a few who were the relatives of the patients, and I could hear the whimpering sound. As I looked at them, I saw one female dead body on the stretcher that was few inches away from my way, and a woman, apparently her relative was sobbing.

The entire atmosphere turned into negativity for my mind, and I felt uneasy surrounded by my body. I could barely feel anything, until doctor appeared in front of me and shook my body.

Aadhira and I were already desperate and impatient, as the old man's blood was not blocking. It was constantly dripping from his forehead. On the other side, the crying noise of that woman was distressing for me. My heart unexpectedly felt unstable and vulnerable.

Doctor had a stethoscope around his neck, wearing white doctor coat from outside, pink plain shirt with full sleeves, visible above his chest and his black loose pant, along with brown buckled sandal. He also has specs in his eyes. His skin is pale white and taller than Aadhira and me.

He told Aadhira and me to put that old man on the stretcher. We made him lay on the stretcher. He was still unconscious but in sleep, he mumbled, "No hospital." He repeated unconsciously, until I rubbed his one arm.

Doctor grabbed his wrist and examined his nerves. He then examined his wounds on his face, his eyes and the blood that were dripping from his forehead and earlobe. The old man's face turned red and puffy.

He asked patiently, "Was he beaten few minutes back?" I indicated by nodding.
He gazed at his wounds and the blood, plus he retorted glancing at me, "the wound and the blood are fresh." I again nodded.

He huskily said, "This is the police case."

"I know that doctor." I replied recklessly, but a drift of anger flashed on my own face.
"We can't treat him. Please inform police first." At the end, he was about to turn his back from my side, but I stopped him.

"Doctor, my husband is senior police inspector. I have informed him. He will be over here at any time. Please you start with the treatment." I lied convincingly. However, my voice had a mini range of pleading.

He tightened his eyes and reacted unbelievably, "if your husband is police inspector, let him come here and tell me. Then I will start with the treatment." At the end, I groaned.

"Look, doctor it will take some time for him to come here. I am telling you to start with his treatment." I answered impatiently watching and pointing an index finger at the fainted old man, who still excessively bleeding and doctor possess no sympathy for him.

"Sorry, but this is impossible. It is the rule of our hospital, and we cannot go against it." He raised his eyes and replied with an attitude in his husky voice.

"Is the hospital regulation more important than human life? If so-" I paused and waited glancing at his expression. He simply nodded and I began thinking regarding the solution.

When my head signaled with an idea, I convincingly questioned, "fine. I will make you talk to him on the phone. If he tells you to start his treatment, are you going to do it?" He nods his head.

"If your husband tells me that I can start with his treatment, I will do it." Doctor pointed forefinger towards old man and replied firmly by giving a crocked smile.

One thing I can undoubtedly tell about this doctor, he is emotionless and has no empathy for his patients. I am certainly going to destroy his reputation through my news channel and let everyone know that such kind of doctors too lives in our country, where more than human's life, they are worried about police investigation and their hospital regulations.

I looked at Aadhira, who had worriedness on her face. She gazed at old man's blood that dripped towards his palm from his forearm.
I commanded her not to worry and stand near the old man. I walked towards the corridor and dialed Nihaal's number on my touchscreen display. I certainly became impatient, when his phone rang, but he did not pick my call.

I was already in an upset mood, and Nihaal undoubtedly engaged with his surprising thing. I checked my wristwatch it was seven forty-five p.m. at night.

My heartbeat began pumping faster, and throat felt up dryness. I called Nihaal many times, but he did not pick the call. Even, Aditiya was not picking his phone.

There was no other alternate, so I called at the landline number. However, that too was simply ringing.

"What's happening? Why he is not picking call at landline too?" I mumbled.
My face had a sign of perspiration. I realize Nihaal and Aditiya engaged in organizing a surprise for me. But why they are not picking my calls?

Is their phone inaudible? If so, what should I do now?

How must I influence this doctor to do treatment first? I am distressed.

My heart thumped in my throat. A mini sensation in my stomach fluttered in nervousness.

I have no clue what will happen to this old man.

Will Nihaal and Aditiya call me back? If so, when?

I felt like defeated.

My head is frozen, and no idea is popping to save this old man.

It is very unbelievable that I am losing hope.

My heart is already feeling the pain of sourness.

I am thunderstruck.

What should I inform to doctor now? Moreover, Aadhira who is disturbed for that old man, what should I say to her?

Will that old man die?

So many questions straight away exploded into my head. I baffled as no answers could arise in my head. I felt dizziness, and my pulse rate increased while racing with my throat to jump off from my mouth.

I don't want to be held responsible for that old man's death.


Phew! Ermm  Finally finished Chapter Eight PART-2


Did you enjoy this chapter?




Copyright © 2012-2013 Renu. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment