Sharing Is Caring


Hey Buddy! Little Funky or Shopaholic?






Wednesday 13 June 2012

Light Returns To Darkness- Chapter Two


Copyright © 2012-2013 Renu. All rights reserved.

New Update

"Give me towel, Naina!" my husband screamed my name from bathroom. I gave his towel to him. I could see his milky-like white face that was wet, exposed leaned-chest and his shaved hand that was wet too. He grabbed towel from my hand, while he was standing behind the door, tilted head towards me.

I was standing inches away from our bathroom, attached in the bedroom. Until he returns, I started ironing his khaki uniform on the long ironing trolley that has two crossed legs.

I heard his Titanic musical ringtone that was coming from his mobile. I grabbed his phone from the bedside table and checked the display, "Dr. Naidu" I felt very strange that he called on Nihaal's phone.

I picked the call saying, "Hello!" a very soft voice popped from my mouth.
"Naina� Is that you?" I nodded even if he cannot see me.
"Yes, doctor. What happened?"
"Naina where is Nihaal?" his voice screamed but had a disappointment when he took my husband's name.
"What happened doctor? Is everything fine?" I felt worriedness in my own voice that was cracking in-between.

"You are asking me this? I should have asked you this question." His voice scowled at me.
"I'm utterly confused, doctor." I said, shaking my head.

"Do you have any idea he is not coming for the check-up from past one week�" I was shocked. My hand on mobile was shivering hearing his words.

Nihaal lied to me for the past one week. I cannot believe he has started lying to me.

"But he had told me that he goes for checkup�" I cocked my voice to defend Nihaal, even if he had lied to me.

"No, Naina. He is not coming. He is very irresponsible towards his health. Since he is my patient, I want you to send him today. If again he gets an attack, I won't be responsible then�" his voice sent a warning to my brain and a sign of dark future.

"Yes doctor. I will send him today�" my voice had a sign of nervousness.
However, I tried to put high pressure on my throat, while talking to doctor so that he does not get a hint that Nihaal is become liar.

I could hear satisfaction in his voice when he replied, "Hm� Send him. I'll wait�" he ended the call.

I cannot let Nihaal neglect his health. Doctor Naidu is Nihaal's Psychiatrist. There is something about Nihaal, which is difficult to understand for me. I had told him to meet Dr. Naidu. For few days, he was very normal, but again he started getting attack. First, doctor had confirmed that it was a migraine attack and there was nothing to worry. He even had given medicine, which Nihaal had taken regularly.
Then, all of sudden he becomes violent, leave me alone and scream at me not to follow him. I was not able to control him. I had to call Doctor Naidu and his best friend Aditiya to control him.
Strange part is, in a few seconds he used to forget everything, and he does not even remember what he did.
He used to become violent, beat criminals in a cruel way, until they do die. Fortunately, Aditiya had controlled him, due to which those criminals were alive, but Nihaal was suspended from his job for a week.

Even though, he has never harmed me but he is still dangerous for others. I cannot see him in pain, as it is too difficult to see him vulnerable when he screams in pain.

 I could hear "whoosh" sound in bathroom, as he opened the door.

He came out of the bathroom with the towel around his neck and with shorts around his waist. His short hair was wet and the water dripping on his abdomen.
"My uniform is ready?" I nodded and gave his perfect-ironed uniform that I had folded and kept for him on the bed.
He started wiping his wet hair, standing in front of dressing mirror. I could see water dripping on his back. I watched him when he was busy looking at his clean-shaved big oval face in the mirror and I stared him, but angrily.

"Why did you lie, Nihaal?" I said in mind.
However, my eyes were on him, when he was busy looking at his own reflection and wiping his wet hair from back.

He turned his face behind to look at me, and I saw a confusion flashing on his face.
"What did you say just now?" he glared looking down towards me below his shoulder.
"I didn't say a word�" I angrily replied.
"You did� I heard�" He groaned. His eyebrows were straight without touching each other and he stared by making his eyes wide.

Whatever I said was in my mind, how could he hear that? I did not say a single word from my mouth. It is unusual.

He can read my mind...?


A very unusual ending... So you like it? Do comment.



Copyright © 2012-2013 Renu. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment