Sharing Is Caring


Hey Buddy! Little Funky or Shopaholic?






Wednesday 13 June 2012

Light Returns To Darkness- Chapter Seven


Copyright © 2012-2013 Renu. All rights reserved.

New Update

"The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness." 
-Honor de Balzac


"Other arrangements are done?" She baffled. I nodded.
"You have already informed caterer, right?" I laughed. I could see a thrill on her face when she uttered.
"Mom, relax. All arrangements are fulfilled. Only shopping part is left. We will do that today…"

"I think we should carry on with our shopping?" Aadhira interrupted. I nodded tilting my head towards her side, as she positioned neighboring to me.

We proceeded on second floor. There was a gent's wear store. We all three went inside that store, to look for casual wears for Nihaal.
We saw some different shirts, pants but none of them could suit him. After all, it is his thirtieth birthday, I do not want anything dull for his birthday, and this surprise shopping is for him. His birthday is in two days, which will mean day-after tomorrow.
Everything else completed with the exclusion of our shopping. This shopping is not only for him, but also for mom, Aadhira and me.

We travelled across several stores on other floors and finally selected four varied collections of casual wears for him that he will wear on his birthday. It was time for our shopping.

However, it was three p.m. in the afternoon, and we were hungry. Therefore, we decided to halt our shopping for a few minutes, as our plan was to have our midday meal first.

"Teri Meri, Meri Teri, Prem Kahani Hain Mushkil" we were sitting in the restaurant where my mobile began ringing.
It is Aditiya's call. I pressed the button on touchscreen and picked his call.
"Hey Naina your shopping is over." My mouth generally opened.
"What are you talking about?" I groaned and continued, "I'm with Aadhira." I falsified.
I did not say anything to Aditiya that we had planned shopping today.
"Don't lie, I know." I felt menace hearing his voice, as if he has plotted to tell Nihaal about our shopping thing.

"Whose call is it?" mom asked laying her knuckles under her chin and the elbow resting on the table. We were sitting on the chair for lunch.
I wrapped mobile with free hand, covering speaker and whispered towards mom, "Aditiya's call…" she quivered with fingers of her free hand and shook her head, "give me the phone? I will talk to him…"

"No, mom… you remember the surprise?" I whispered. She patted on her forehead and said, "I have already told Aditiya, he won't say anything to Nihaal…" she again quivered with her fingers and continued, "give me the phone? He knows I'm with you…" I spread out my mouth extensively.
"Mom but-" I paused as she interjected forcibly taking the phone from me by bending her head towards me.
"Let her talk…" Aadhira finally voiced irritably. She was sitting on the chair next to my left side, and mom was sitting in front. We were sitting on the table of four.

"Hello Aditiya…" I heard mom saying this on phone, but she glimpsed on me.

"No, don't worry. We already finished shopping…" she paused as if hearing what Aditiya was talking. Her expression drained.
"We are in the restaurant…" I watched mom when she was looking at her plastic plate and then continued, "Yeah for lunch…"

"No son let him stay there… I don't want to talk to him now…" her hand was jolting in the curving position in front of her plate and playing with fingers.

I started eating Hakka noodles with cutlery and spoon. Aadhira too began with her chores. Mom gave noiseless tireless grinning on the phone as if she heard something funny.

"Ofcourse son, we did shopping for you…" I stopped swallowing noodle. The cutlery was in still position, and my mouth broadly opened, a single noodle dangling towards my chin.

When did we do shopping for Aditiya? Mom lied. But why she has to do this? Ouch

"Ok bye, Take care. See you soon…" she smiled and ended her phone conversation. I could see a sigh of relief passing through her face.

"Mom when we did shopping for Aditiya?" I asked unfathomably staring in her pale chocolaty eyes. She shook her head.
"We will do now…" I saw desperation swirling on her face as she continued, "we forgot him… he is like my son too…"

She started eating rice and daal with a spoon that is what she ordered for the lunch.

"Mom… but you lied?" I felt restless when mom lied, and I thumped the spoon, cutlery on the plastic plate.

It is not that I do not lie. However, her lie really disturbed me, felt like she was somehow cheating with Aditiya's emotions, and I felt bad for him. It is true we forgot him, but mom could have told him that we would shop for him after lunch. Atleast, this will not hurt his sentiments, and this would not be lied either. Confused

She nodded and replied, "I didn't want to hurt him by saying that we forgot to do shopping for him." I felt displeasure in her words when she said that to me. I simply nodded, halting our conversation and continued with my eating process.

I saw Aadhira already finished eating noodles, maybe she was too quick, then I, or else I am slower than she is. Don't know which one is correct to express.

As Aadhira stood up from her chair to go in washroom, I saw mom looking at her backside, tightening her lips, making it thinner and giving a big smile by displaying her small pale yellow teeth. I felt unacquainted but then her pale chocolaty eye's encounter with my dark eyes.

She opened her mouth to speak, "I was talking to Aditiya, he told me about the surprise."

I mystifyingly stared at her, and my lip was not much open.
"Mom, what is the surprise?"
"Aditiya talked about Nihaal's surprise. He is planning to give you some surprise and told me to keep you away from the house until eight p.m." I eventually opened my mouth loosely.

"Aditiya said that?" she nodded. I felt intensity in my voice as I took his name, as if I was in collision and my eyes were wide.

I knew it Nihaal is planning some surprise for me that means he would come home before time. It is miraculous that he would come before eight p.m., and meantime it would be fun to hang out with mom and Aadhira. Embarrassed
"Wow!" I murmured.

"Does Nihaal knows about you, and I am together?" I interrogated. She shook her head.
"Then why Aditiya told you about surprise?" I impenetrably gawked showing my displeasure.
"Well no, Aditiya is helping Nihaal in his surprise…" I nodded as she continued in a reposeful mood by sitting straight on her chair and eating her rice daal, "my son has changed a lot. You have changed him…" I saw a flash of a smile at the corner of her lip.

Is she taunting or is she happy? Her blended reciprocation puzzled me.





Your comment please? Confused


Next chapter will be big, so get prepared for the thrill.  


Copyright © 2012-2013 Renu. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment